After upgrade to JIRA Software 7.5 Permission scheme is empty and users cannot see issues

John Patounas September 27, 2017

I have upgraded my Jira server last week.

Today i was notified by one user that he cannot see any issues or projects.

The user belongs to a custom permission scheme i have created. When i try to edit the custom permission scheme the page is blank.

I tried to reindex the Jira server and when finished the problem remains.

I did an integrity check and everything is ok (passed)

I searched on your website and found https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/blank-page-when-trying-to-edit-permission-scheme-827110627.html

But when I tried the command "select * from schemepermissions where scheme = 10003 AND perm_type = 'reportercreate'"there are no results so the workaround will not apply as is the comment.

In the blank permission page from the browser if i inspect using chrome  i get an error :

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 ()

I urgently need help on this.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Patounas September 27, 2017

Solution finally found:

1. Edit the file $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/permission-types.xml and uncomment the below XML:

<!--
        <type id="reportercreate" enterprise="true">
            <class>com.atlassian.jira.security.type.CurrentReporterHasCreatePermission</class>
        </type>
        -->
  2. Restart JIRA

And everything went back to normal

Steven Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2018

As a heads up --

This is a customization to Jira. This customization is NOT migrated by the installer. The installer would have called out this file as a changed file that would need to be manually migrated.

The permission scheme was using this 'security type', but it didn't exist anymore since the customization wasn't applied.

Thus by adding the customization back in, everything went back to normal.

Suggest an answer