You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
Recently we migrated our JIRA application which was running in one linux machine to other.
Steps carried out:
1. Made the service down in the server
2. Dumped the database
3. Sync the Files under /data directory and /opt directory to the new server
4. Import the database in the new server
5. Point the DNS to the new machine
6. Start the service in the new server
Everything went fine, but application took long time to load.
7. After that I ran re-index in the admin section also which ran for 4hours+ and finished success.
Now, our problem is that we cannot assign tickets to others also move the ticket to next change or even comment in the JIRA issue comment section.
What I am missing in the whole procedure followed?
Whether the database collation 'utf8mb3_general_ci' is an issue?
1. Database is on the same server as application? DB Config is the same?
2. Application is working on the similar server (same HDD type, same RAM and CPU values)?
For me it looks like issues with server (worse parameters than previous one) or disk issues (slower disk) or wrong db configuration.
1. No database is running in new server but, same configurations as old server.
2. Application started working but, I face issues as dupicate entry.
(SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO changegroup (ID, issueid, AUTHOR, CREATED) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?) (Duplicate entry '3320008' for key 'PRIMARY'))
I checked and removed the duplicate tables and also this error priests.