After migrating 7.10 -> 8.20, can't reindex if Scriptruner is enabled & scriptrunner page is blank.

Jean Tallu March 31, 2023

I'm trying to upgrade my self-hosted server (Ubuntu 18 04 64 bits) from mysql 5.5/Jira 7.10.2 to mysql 5.7/Jira 8.20 in order to migrate to Jira Cloud.

I did mysql 5.5 -> 5.6 -> 5.7 and my Jira 7.10.2 worked fine. I updated all the apps (Timesheet/Adaptavist scriptrunner) before upgrading to 8.20.

I update Jira to the 8.20 version using the bin, I update the mysql jdbc driver to its latest version and modify the dbconfig.xml accordingly.

I start Jira, everything loads. Scriptrunner is disabled because the version is too old. I update it.

After this step, the scriptrunner pages (all of them) are blank and when I try to reindex, I get a popin with an exception.

If I disable Scriptrunner, reindexing works.

Screenshot of reindexing :

Screenshot of scriptrunner page :

Any idea?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2023

Hi @Jean Tallu

Could you please specify what version of ScriptRunner you are currently using?

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

Jean Tallu April 3, 2023

I solved the problem by accident. I was using the ubuntu 18 04 default web browser and it seems it was not up to date enough to display scriptrunner config pages. I installed new chrome and new firefox version and it worked on both. 

Would be cool to have that kind of warning on scriptrunner page tho :)

Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Hi @Jean Tallu

Great to hear that you were able to solve the issue. :-)

I don't think that warning is necessary as ScriptRunner follows the Browsers that Jira supports.

For more information, you can visit this Atlassian Documentation.

Thank you and Kind regards,
Ram

0 votes
Jean Tallu March 31, 2023

PS : I have no Javascript in my banner.

Suggest an answer