Advice for a solo developer

Eric Pement March 20, 2019

What advice, recommendations, or best practices do you have for someone using JIRA as a sole developer? That is, a one-person "team", using JIRA to track features, bugs, and progress in PHP software development?

1 answer

1 vote
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2019
Eric Pement March 26, 2019

Hi Ignacio. Thanks for responding, but I was looking for something more specific. I'm less interested in how to be a Jira admin.  My question had to do with being the sole person on a development team, in which I assign tasks to myself, track bugs, select features or enhancements to add, and so forth.

If you have further recommendations, I am open.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2019

These are my two cents:

• Use a scrum board. It counts with more builtin reports than a kanban board, which would let others track your progress.
  • Describe issues as if a different person were responsible for resolving them.
  • Use standard naming conventions for versions and sprint names. Sprint names should include the project key, if possible, in single project boards.
  • Estimate issues. It will help you plan better.
Like # people like this

Suggest an answer