Advanced search for all issues updated by specific user

Gui Ávila December 11, 2020

Hello!

I'm trying to search for all issues that was updated in the last X hours by a specific user. It does not need to be the last update.

If a specific user made an update (any type of update) in the last X hours, the issue should appear in the search.

Not sure if I can do that with the basic search, I'm afraid I need to use JQL. Could someone please help with the expression?

Thanks!

Gui.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2020

Hi Gui,

To get all activity, it is probably better to use a dashboard with an Activity Stream gadget.

Use Username and the person's username, obviously and maybe add Update Date is today

Yes, that's a nice idea @John Funk . Thanks!

I tried to add the person's username, but there is no autocomplete. https://share.getcloudapp.com/kpuNKLzn

I can't even click on the done button anymore, it's out of the screen. https://share.getcloudapp.com/d5uP1vq0

These poor UX in Jira drives me crazy :(

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2020

try just tying the username without the autocomplete. For example, john.funk

Like Luigi likes this

@John Funk Yeah, I did that. But I just can't understand these very frequent poor UX. Nevermind, lol

Thanks, John.

Like John Funk likes this

@John Funk Please, how can I find a user's username?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2020

Go to Settings > User Management and search for the user. You will need to have Site Admin permissions to do that. 

@John Funk Thanks!

What I see is this.

Because of the spaces (I think), the Activity Stream gadget does not find the results.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2020

Alternatively, you could use the updatedBy() function of JQL:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-functions/

Examples

• Find issues that were updated by John Smith:issuekey IN updatedBy(jsmith)
  • Find issues that were updated by John Smith within the last 8 days:
    issuekey IN updatedBy(jsmith, "-8d")
  • Find issues updated between June and September 2018:issuekey IN updatedBy(jsmith, "2018/06/01", "2018/08/31")
  • If you try to find issues updated in the last hour, like in the following example, the time will be rounded up to 1 day, as smaller values aren't supported:
    issuekey IN updatedBy(jsmith, "-1h")
Like # people like this
0 votes
Jared Polman June 16, 2021

@Daniel Ebers thank you kindly!

This worked great for my end user.

I had to do multiple specific dates rather than a range so mine ended up looking closer to:

issuekey IN updatedBy("jsmith", "2018/06/01") OR issuekey IN updatedBy("jsmith", "2018/06/10") OR issuekey IN updatedBy("jsmith", "2018/06/15")

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events