Advanced Roadmaps

valdino.arduini March 30, 2023

Hello

I have just started using Advanced Roadmaps in Jira for the past 2 months and created a Roadmap which goes across 4 Jira Projects / Boards.  My question is around how the roadmap gets updated.  As teams work on their tickets and some items take longer than originally planned, how come the Roadmap doesn't update automatically to reflect the "actual progress"?  I may be confused but the only way I see the Roadmap adjusting is if I go in Advanced Roadmap and  manually update the dates for the items that have changed.  Is this correct or am I missing something?  Can you please help clarify how the Roadmap dates should get updated in the plan or do I need to manually update the dates for the epics based on what the development teams are doing real time. 

Thanks

- Val

1 answer

0 votes
Sara Hekmat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2023

Hi Val,

To show the epics or parent issues dates based on their children, you need to enable Roll-up Dates in your plan View settings. Note that, Advanced Roadmap does not update the epics date fields value in the Jira ticket, but it visualises them in the roadmap and also field sections.

Regards,

Sara

Screen Shot 2023-03-31 at 8.42.34 am.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-31 at 8.49.16 am.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events