Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Advanced Roadmaps vs. Roadmaps

Hi,

Can you please explain what is the difference between the new released feature of roadmaps (BETA) for classic JIRA projects vs. Advanced Roadmaps (which is not part of the basics plan).

Best,

Michal.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted

Advanced Roadmaps is a Jira Software Cloud Premium feature that's designed to help multiple teams collaborate together, track the big picture (levels higher than epics), identify dependencies across large pieces of work, and allows you to do teams capacity based planning

vs

The basic roadmap is available to all customers on Jira Software Cloud. It’s specifically designed to help individual teams plan and track their big picture  (upto epic level only) goals.

Hi There.  We're just starting to look into Roadmaps.  Question on Jira Roadmaps (both Basic and Advanced): Is the Roadmap built just by using start and end dates in Epics?  Or, is it more sophisticated than that?   

Like Shane Buswell likes this

Advanced Roadmaps have quite a number of ways to slice data, not just by start/end dates. Not sure about Roadmaps (Beta), though.

Hi all!

We started with Jira Standard couple months ago and evaluating if we need the Premium for portfolio management basic needs.

It will be great if you point me to detailed Roadmaps vs Roadmaps Advance so far, the Advance Roadmaps looks like the only feature that we'll need.

Like Caryl Librando likes this

Hi...we have upgraded to premium to be able to use Advanced Roadmaps

I have configured Themes and Initiatives within JIRA

However... I can't find where I can create an Advanced Roadmap?

Or is simply the Roadmap option in the Left Hand Menu (We are on JIRA Cloud)

It's not on the left nav.  It's from the "Plans" dropdown.   Follows "Projects", "Filters",  "Dashboards", etc.  

Like Warde Wynter likes this

Ah...thanks :-)

Sure.  Curious how you implemented/configured Initiatives and Themes.   

Hi ... I can put together a summary with some screen images if that helps

Cheers Warde

Nothing elaborate!  

We created a new project in Jira for Initiatives, with just one issue type of Initiative. 

For Themes, we've created a label field called Theme on the Initiative record.  

We wanted to start w/something simple and are currently using/reviewing.  

Just wondering how others are doing this.  

we created a new project \and added 2 Issue Type's 'above' the Epic level (all within the same Project

This allowed us to manage a number of initiatives across a number of areas ( themes) in the business. the themes aligned to business or capability or functional areas

The Themes have no 'end dates'  while Initiatives are essential 'projects' or 'mini-projects' 

While ideally we need to move towards a Scaled Agile approach , this approach has allowed us to coordinate delivery in an Agile way yet keep it coordinated

Screenshot 2021-08-21 123040.jpg

Like bmccarthy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

142 views 1 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you