Advanced Roadmaps - see the start and end date of a project on the group by project view.

Alexander Wirtz May 9, 2023

Hello Community,

we are doing all of our large projects on Jira. With advanced roadmaps, we are able to pull all planned project epics in one big overview and group them by Project.

Is it possible to see the Project start & end date as a grantt bar? If I close all groups, the whole Gantt chart is empty. If there would be a gantt bar we could have a good overview of all the running projects.

Capture.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Hi @Alexander Wirtz,

Unfortunately not.  Advanced roadmaps uses issue hierarchy to roll up data between different levels and relies on parent - child relationships between issues. Since projects are not Jira issues, the roll-up does not work like that.

You may want to raise the idea as a suggestion to the team via the in product feedback button. But keep in mind that for many users a Jira project does not match a project in real life (it may contain issues from a team, an application, a process, ...) and then the use case is not a natural fit anymore with what you are trying to do here.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Fede Baronti -Deiser-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

Hi @Alexander Wirtz , 

I'm Fede Baronti from Deiser. 

Projectrak Cloud will help you see the start and end of your projects depending on the status with ease. 

Projectrak_-_Project_navigator_-_Jira.png

On the other hand, Projectrak Cloud will allow you to be on top of any pain point in your project portfolio, thanks to the List, and Board view, plus other really useful features such as Formula fields. 

Remember that you have a 30-day trial for every app, so if you decide to install it and give it a try and have any questions about it, do not hesitate to let me know.

Hope this helps, 

Fede. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events