Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Advanced Roadmaps Select Multiple

I am trying to use the shift key on my keyboard to select multiple items on my advanced roadmap for a bulk edit. It is not working even though the user guide says it should. Has anybody experienced this and solved for it?

3 answers

Hi @krista.phillips,

shift-select doesn't work for me either. Selecting issues for bulk edit is done by checking the check boxes in front of the issues in your roadmap view. There's a couple of ways you can make life easier for you there:

• a simple one is to select the check box at the top of your scope table. That one will select all issues in your list;
  • also, when you click on the 3 dots (...) behind any issue on the list (choose an issue with child issues to have the most benefit), you will be offered these options:

Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 21.01.06.png 

Select this and all descendant issues will select this epic and all its child issues. Select only descendant issues will just select all child issues of the epic, but not the epic itself.

That way, you can definitely cut some corners.

Hope this helps!

1 vote
Dave Atlassian Team May 10, 2021

Hi @krista.phillips,

This is a known issue caused by a change in the checkbox component that we're using. However the fix is unfortunately blocked behind from deployment by other changes. At the moment I'm unable to give a timeline of when the fix will be deployed.

Regards,

Dave 

Thank you for your reply Dave. I will stop trying to make it work ;) Will you please post a reply to this question when you deploy the fix?

Dave Atlassian Team May 11, 2021

Hi @krista.phillips,

I'm actually going to be moving on from the Advanced Roadmaps team very soon (see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-Roadmaps-articles/Some-tips-for-using-Advanced-Roadmaps-as-I-leave-the-team/ba-p/1688595 ) so I might not be aware when this is resolved, however you can watch this issue to follow progress: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21054

Regards,

Dave 

I just did a bulk edit not more than 30 minutes before your post. My hierarchy was showing Epic to Story. I selected 5 stories using the check box on the far left, As soon as I selected just one of the check boxes, the Bulk Actions showed in the title bar area above the issues. I used that to change the release for the five stories.

@krista.phillips  What did you try that did not work?

Bulk edit works fine. I want to use shift or control keys to quickly select multiple. In some cases the select this and all descendants or select all descendants is helpful. But my use case here is: I want to select the next 5 epics but not all of their descendent stories. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Jira issue check and more advanced commit verifications for Bitbucket DC

Pre-receive hooks that verify the Git commit message, the modified files, and implement similar code change controls used to be requirements of large enterprises working in regulated industries only....

34 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you