Advanced Roadmaps Select Multiple

krista.phillips May 10, 2021

I am trying to use the shift key on my keyboard to select multiple items on my advanced roadmap for a bulk edit. It is not working even though the user guide says it should. Has anybody experienced this and solved for it?

3 answers

1 vote
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2021

Hi @krista.phillips,

This is a known issue caused by a change in the checkbox component that we're using. However the fix is unfortunately blocked behind from deployment by other changes. At the moment I'm unable to give a timeline of when the fix will be deployed.

Regards,

Dave 

krista.phillips May 11, 2021

Thank you for your reply Dave. I will stop trying to make it work ;) Will you please post a reply to this question when you deploy the fix?

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2021

Hi @krista.phillips,

I'm actually going to be moving on from the Advanced Roadmaps team very soon (see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-Roadmaps-articles/Some-tips-for-using-Advanced-Roadmaps-as-I-leave-the-team/ba-p/1688595 ) so I might not be aware when this is resolved, however you can watch this issue to follow progress: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21054

Regards,

Dave 

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Hi @krista.phillips,

shift-select doesn't work for me either. Selecting issues for bulk edit is done by checking the check boxes in front of the issues in your roadmap view. There's a couple of ways you can make life easier for you there:

• a simple one is to select the check box at the top of your scope table. That one will select all issues in your list;
  • also, when you click on the 3 dots (...) behind any issue on the list (choose an issue with child issues to have the most benefit), you will be offered these options:

Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 21.01.06.png 

Select this and all descendant issues will select this epic and all its child issues. Select only descendant issues will just select all child issues of the epic, but not the epic itself.

That way, you can definitely cut some corners.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2021

I just did a bulk edit not more than 30 minutes before your post. My hierarchy was showing Epic to Story. I selected 5 stories using the check box on the far left, As soon as I selected just one of the check boxes, the Bulk Actions showed in the title bar area above the issues. I used that to change the release for the five stories.

@krista.phillips  What did you try that did not work?

krista.phillips May 11, 2021

Bulk edit works fine. I want to use shift or control keys to quickly select multiple. In some cases the select this and all descendants or select all descendants is helpful. But my use case here is: I want to select the next 5 epics but not all of their descendent stories. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events