Advanced Roadmap query to get children issues at each level of the hierarchy

Deleted user November 25, 2022

We just migrated to Jira Cloud and we previously had a filter query in Server that provided all the child relationships at each level of the hierarchy:

Init

>Epic

>>Story

>>>Task

The scriptrunner function that made this possible is no longer supported. How can I achieve this in the cloud environment? We want to be able to see all related items whether they are directly or indirectly related to the other filter criteria. In the Server version, the items not directly meeting the strict filter criteria, would show up greyed out.

1 answer

1 vote
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2022

I am not sure if I follow what you are trying to achieve...

Could you post a screenshot that explains it a bit more or tell us what script runner function you used on the server version?

Deleted user November 28, 2022

ARPHierarchy.png

This will get the children of all the Initiatives and their descendants regardless of what project they are located, from Initiative down to subtasks. We manage the size of the query return by adding additional field filters.  The  issueFunction scriptrunner function portfolioChildrenOf and portfolioParentOf does not exist in the Cloud instance and the issuesInEpics does not function the same way as it did in Server

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2022

This should be the standard view for you.

Just make sure you include all the data you want in issue sources.

Deleted user December 1, 2022

I only get the Initiative and Epics but not Stories and Sub-tasks because the fields we are filtering on are only at the Init and Epic level. The scriptrunner functions pulled in the related descendants at the story and task so I'm looking for a way to create the view I share in my previous post (that view is from our Server instance)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events