Advanced Roadmap Hierarchy

Carlina Bliss May 12, 2023

I have created 2 additional issue types above Epic and mapped the hierarchy which said it would only reflect in the Roadmaps, however, I can see all the issue but they are not showing the hierarchy in the Roadmap. Instead, I see them grouped by issue type. I have also selected "Show full hierarchy" in the filter. I saw some posts about adding parent link. The issues have parent links & child links. Where can I make this linking drive the hierarchy in the Roadmap?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

Hello @Carlina Bliss 

If the issues already exist and you want to make existing issues children of other issues in the extended hierarchy, edit the "Parent Link" field to specify the issue that you want to become the parent of an issue.

For example, these Epics have no parent currently.

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 11.38.05 AM.png

I can go to the details page for TCSC-17 and see that the Parent Link field is empty.

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 11.39.17 AM.png

If I click into that field it will show me a list of issues of the correct Issue Type that could be specified as a parent for the Epic. I can select one, or type in the issue key for the actual issue.

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 11.40.07 AM.png

If you want to create a new issue and have it automatically become a child of another existing issue, then from the Roadmap click the "..." button next to the issue that will be the parent. This will give you the option to create a new issue of the same type, or an issue of the type that is appropriate for a child. If you choose the type that is appropriate for a child, then that new issue will automatically become a child of the issue where you clicked the ... button.

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 11.42.36 AM.png

Carlina Bliss May 12, 2023

Thanks for your response @Trudy Claspill ! I actually just had a chat with Atlassian Helpdesk and they pointed this out to me. This was exactly the issue. We didn't have Parent Link included in the issue types to update/link. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events