Advanced Issue Search doesnt bring subtasks when i filter by sprint

lucas.castanho May 25, 2021

I need to list the subtasks of my current sprint, but when i activate the filter of my current sprint i get the message no tasks were found.

Every subtask of my current sprint as it is attatched to the Storys and the Storys are in the Sprint 3, the subtasks all get the field sprint filled with Sprint 3 by default, because of that i cant understand why advanced issue search cant find them.

7O8NpFYXE1.gif

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2021

Hello Lucas,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

If you are using a team-managed project (next-gen) there is a known bug where currently, the advanced search won’t show sub-tasks when filtering by sprints:

If that’s the case, please, click on “This affects my team” and also watch the bug ticket to receive updates.

Kind regards,
Angélica

lucas.castanho May 26, 2021

Done, thank you Angélica

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

It's because sub-tasks are not put into sprints.  A sub-task is always in whatever sprints its parent issue is in, it has to be because it's a part of the parent.

However, there is an oversight in Jira here - although you could say "sub-task is in sprint X because its parent is", the information is not inherited, and so a search for "sprint = X" doesn't find the sub-tasks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events