Admin can't add watchers

kate reeder March 8, 2024

Hi folks - I am using jira software, company-managed project. I can't add watchers to tickets even though I appear to have the correct permissions setup. I am the admin. Images below of my permission settings and the options avail RE Watchers in a ticket. Any ideas on what I'm missing? 

watchers issue - permission settings image.pngwatchers issue - watcher options in ticket image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2024

Hello @kate reeder 

You said you are "an admin". Are you a member of the Administrators role in this project? Are you a member of the "administrators" user group?

Having Site Admin access or the Administer Jira global permission does not necessarily add you to the Administrators role in projects nor the custom user group "administrators".

kate reeder March 8, 2024

Thank you @Trudy Claspill !! That was the issue. Someone else was helping be build permission groups and they didn't add me to the Admin group. I added myself and now I can add/edit watchers. Appreciate the quick response!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events