Addition of Stories and Tasks under an epic

Lara M April 19, 2023

Hello,

All of my stories and tasks in my backlog have a numerical value for the custom field "Total Size Days (3 Platforms)".

For each epic related to my backlog, I would like to have an automation that adds up the Total Size Days custom field for all of the stories and tasks linked/under the epics. I would like the number that comes out of this sum to populate the custom field "Actual Days (Using Addition of Stories)" on my epics.

How do I go about doing this?

I have attached an image of what I have tried rule wise using this actual days formula at the end, but its not working

Using this formula for the last stage on automation - {{lookupIssues.Total Size Days (3 Platforms).sum}}

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 12.51.19.png

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Hello @Lara M 

Ae you working with issues in a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? That information will be shown at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.

What information is in the Audit Log for the rule when it executes? (Notice the Audit Log link below the rule name and "Rule Details".)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events