Adding Microsoft Teams for Jira Cloud - Loading Error

Paul Washington March 15, 2021

I'm trying to add Jira Cloud to my Microsoft Teams profile.  My Jira admin has approved the request, but when I try to load/access it, I get the following error:

Something’s gone wrong

Our team has been notified.  If the problem persists,

please contact Atlassian Support.

ERROR:  16VO8YG

I couldn't find a shortcut for Support, so am posting here for any advice/guidance.

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2021

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the inconvenience here, however I have confirmed that there was a problem with this integration app that was causing this behavior.  Atlassian has released an updated version of this app that will correct this problem.

A site-admin can manually perform this update by going to Apps -> Manage your apps.

Regards,

Andy

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2021

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear about this problem.  I can see that this app is installed to your Cloud site. I tried to search out for that specific error on your site via some internal logging, but I have not been able to find a clear cause of this error.  I would like to see if we can gather some more information here.

Are there any other users on your site that can access this Microsoft Teams integration successfully?  Or are other users also having this same problem?

I'd be interested to see if you can take a closer look at your browser's developer console log when trying to load the page.  It is possible that there is some resource that is failing to load there and if you can view that at the time this page attempts to load, it might give us another clue as to the cause here.Please let me know.

Andy

Alexandra Hu March 28, 2021

Hello Andy, 

I met this problem also. When I clicked "Authorize in Jira" button in Microsoft Teams, Jira indicated "Something's gone wrong." 

Because the integration requests Jira Admin permission, not everyone in my team can test the Teams integration. 

About the brower's developer console log, actually after I clicked "Authorize in Jira" button, it automatically opened a webpage in Teams, it's not using my default chrome browser, so that I could not view developer log from the webpage. 

Do you have other suggestion for the issue?  

Best regards, 

Alexandra

Daniel Kuhl March 30, 2021

Same here.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
March 30, 2021

Hi @Daniel Kuhl - I created a support case on your behalf over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-648168 I suspect we will need to take a closer look at your site to better understand the cause here.

I can see that @Alexandra Hu also has created a support case for this as well.

@Paul Washington In your case, I would recommend reaching out to one of your site-admins and ask that they create a support case by going to https://support.atlassian.com Only site-admins will be able to complete that form in order to create a support case when selecting 'Technical issues & bugs'.  If you as an end user (non site-admin) attempts to complete that form, you will just get redirected here to Community.

Like Daniel Kuhl likes this
Daniel Kuhl March 31, 2021

After upgrading to the latest version is works for me. Thanks!

Like # people like this
Alexandra Hu March 31, 2021

@Daniel Kuhl Thanks for the notice! I upgraded the MS Teams addon, and it works now! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events