Adding Custom Fields to a Form

Lukas Komaric September 15, 2022

Hey i have a Task and i recently added a custom "Person" Field to it.

Now i wanted to include this custom Person Field to my already existing Form, but for some reason i cant see this new Field on the right side (so no field/element visible for "person")

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 15, 2022

Hi, @Lukas Komaric !

If you`re ok with Jira plug-ins, try out Smart Jira Forms.

We at the SaaSJet team have developed this add-on to collect data, feedback and other information directly in Jira. You can change the existing form and add new fields

Add-on works with all project types

Also, you can share the form with external users if you need it.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2022

Hi Lukas - Welcome to the Atlassian Community! 

Try adding the project to the Context for the custom field.

Is it a single person picker field or multiple person picker field?

Hey John

I did add the Field direclty in the Project-Settings. Its a single person picker field.

I dont really understand what you mean with adding the project to the Context for the custom field, i can see that field if i open the Task directly, i can also fill it. Its just not visible in the "Forms" View.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2022

What type of project is it? Company-managed? Team-managed? Jira Work Management/Business?

Team-managed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events