Add to a Custom Field's String Value Based on the Values of another Custom Fields

Richard Hernandez-Hermann May 14, 2020

We currently have many fields in our environment which support using Groovy scripts to perform this task. However, I need some help getting started with the script. 

Essentially, I need to have a script that includes/removes values from a field (instead of replacing the value) based on whether other fields contain specific values. 

This is the logical pseudo code example:

IF Custom Field A contains "value 1" AND Custom Field B contains "value 2" AND “value 3” is selected in Custom Field C AND  Custom Field D does NOT contain "value 4" INCLUDE “value 4” in Custom Field D

ELSE IF Custom Field A contains "value 1" AND Custom Field B contains "value 2" AND  Custom Field D does NOT contain "value 5" INCLUDE “value 5” in Custom Field D

1 answer

0 votes
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2020

The details of how you implement this are going to depend on the types of fields that you are using. From your pseudo-code, I am going to assume that all of the fields are select lists of some type

If my assumption is correct, the following should work for you

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor;
import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption;

// Get the custom fields
def cfA = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectsByName("Custom Field A")[0];
def cfB = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectsByName("Custom Field B")[0];
def cfC = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectsByName("Custom Field C")[0];
def cfD = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectsByName("Custom Field D")[0];

def issue = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().getIssueObject("");

// Get the current value in the Custom Fields
List valueA = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cfA) as List;
List valueB = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cfB) as List;
List valueC = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cfC) as List;
List valueD = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cfD) as List;

def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser();

if (valueA.any {it.getValue() == "value 1"}
&& valueB.any {it.getValue() == "value 2"}
&& valueC.any {it.getValue() == "value 3"}
&& ! valueD.any {it.getValue() == "value 4"}
) {
def fieldConfig = cfD.getRelevantConfig(issue);
def option4 = ComponentAccessor.getOptionsManager().getOptions(fieldConfig)?.find {it.getValue() == "value 4"};
if (option4 != null) {
valueD.add(option4);
issue.setCustomFieldValue(cfD, valueD);
ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().updateIssue(
currentUser, issue, EventDispatchOption.DO_NOT_DISPATCH, true);
}
}

I haven't tested this code. It will give you syntax checking errors for the if statement - you can ignore those. 

Suggest an answer