Add additional column to the default srum project template

Ankita Gupta June 20, 2013

Hi,

I need to change the scrum project template. I want to add an extra column to the task board so that any new scrum projects will have the extra column on their task board. This i need to do at the global level and not at the project level. If a new scrum project is created, it should have the updated number of columns.

For this, i added an extra column following the steps as mentioned in the below link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+your+Task+Board+Settings

But, when i create a new scrum project and create a bord for it, it doesn't show the extra column that i added.

Considering my requirement, can you suggest if this is possible or not?If yes, how?

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

I would guess that it's not posible without changing core code. At least you can't chage it via the UI.

Cheers

Christian

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

The task board setting can be defined for each board. Since you can have different boards for the same project there is no connection there..

Ankita Gupta June 20, 2013

Thanks for a quick response. That means changing the task board setting is confined to project level and not outside that, if i am not wrong

Suggest an answer