'Add Status' button disappeared

Roberta Poderyte March 18, 2020

Today I was working on my board building. I've successfully added new statuses and new columns. Then I went to my project workflow settings and connected it with transitions. When I realized that I want to add one more status, I went back to my board config, but the 'Add Status' button is not in place anymore (it's not grayed out, it's just not applicable at all). What could be the issue? I've tried to delete the workflow and recreate that to the default version - didn't help. Still says it's 'Simplified workflow' as well.

Could you please recommend what should I try? Many thanks in advance! 

Capture.PNG

3 answers

2 votes
Dana M_ Jansen January 11, 2022

i know this is OLD, but as soon as you changed the transitions from ALL to a specific transition you changed the workflow from a Simplified workflow and the Add Status button is only available if the workflow is a Simplified workflow (meaning all status' go to all status')

if you are a project admin AND a Board Admin and your project is using a simplified workflow that is NOT shared you can create a new (global) workflow status from your board

0 votes
Roberta Poderyte March 26, 2020

Does anyone have more suggestions on this? Thanks!

0 votes
mfabris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2020

You should try to check the permission of the user; in most cases only the Project Admin is allowed to change the workflow in the project (therefore allowed to add and remove statuses). 

If your user is project admin, it could be also that the JIRA admin as switched off the option that allows project admins to modify the workflows for their projects

i hope this helps

Roberta Poderyte March 20, 2020

Hi Mirco,

Thank you for your time on this! I am the Project Admin and that button disappeared in an hour after I was able to do that at first, so might be something different than permissions...

Suggest an answer