Add Ons do not display

Nige January 19, 2021

We are using JIRA 6.3 and, after a restart and UPM update, we are getting the following error in the logs:

com.atlassian.upm.license.storage.lib.PluginLicenseStoragePluginUnresolvedException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to find PluginLicenseManager component. Is a licensing-aware UPM installed?

This is preventing the add ons from displaying in the system and other add ons do not work. Any ideas on how to resolve?

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2021

Hi @Nige ,

Seems like your UPM might have gone corrupt? (which is basically the plugin manager). And it seems the paid apps cannot validate their license anymore. (which makes sense that they don't work)

It's possible the upm was not loaded yet (due to the update) when the other apps tried to get it's license info. 

so first you can try re-enabling the other apps which could already fix it (it's a bit of a timing issue)

Did you only upgrade upm or also your JIRA? If on your "manage apps" screen you don't see anything anymore i can suggest downloading the upm app directly from the marketplace 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/23915/atlassian-universal-plugin-manager?hosting=server&tab=overview

and if you are still able to upload an app to do it that way. If not, simply remove the file from your plugins directory, add this one and restart your jira service. (that would count as a manual install)

Nige January 20, 2021

Thanks for the response Dirk. I cannot see any apps from the JIRA menus. I downloaded the file from the link provided and added to the atlassian-bundled-plugins directory which is the only place I could see plugins (I renamed the old one first). On restart, I am still getting the error:

?? 20, 2021 4:23:22 ?? org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
??: Server startup in 126672 ms
com.atlassian.upm.license.storage.lib.PluginLicenseStoragePluginUnresolvedException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to find PluginLicenseManager component. Is a licensing-aware UPM installed?
at com.atlassian.upm.license.storage.lib.ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManagerImpl.execute(ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManagerImpl.java:288)
at com.atlassian.upm.license.storage.lib.ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManagerImpl.getLicense(ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManagerImpl.java:72)
at com.thed.zephyr.je.config.license.ZephyrLicenseManagerImpl.getZephyrMarketplaceLicense(ZephyrLicenseManagerImpl.java:255)
at com.thed.zephyr.je.job.ZFJJobRunnerImpl.populateLicParams(ZFJJobRunnerImpl.java:125)
at com.thed.zephyr.je.job.ZFJJobRunnerImpl.execute(ZFJJobRunnerImpl.java:54)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.compat.clustered.ClusteredJobRunner.runJob(ClusteredJobRunner.java:54)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.runJob(JobLauncher.java:135)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launchAndBuildResponse(JobLauncher.java:101)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launch(JobLauncher.java:80)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.quartz1.Quartz1Job.execute(Quartz1Job.java:32)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:223)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:549)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to find PluginLicenseManager component. Is a licensing-aware UPM installed?
at com.atlassian.upm.license.storage.lib.PluginLicenseManagerAccessorImpl.getPluginLicenseManager(PluginLicenseManagerAccessorImpl.java:37)
at com.atlassian.upm.license.storage.lib.ManagerAccessor.getLicenseManager(ManagerAccessor.java:68)
at com.atlassian.upm.license.storage.lib.ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManagerImpl.getLicenseManager(ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManagerImpl.java:299)
at com.atlassian.upm.license.storage.lib.ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManagerImpl.access$000(ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManagerImpl.java:23)
at com.atlassian.upm.license.storage.lib.ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManagerImpl$1.call(ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManagerImpl.java:59)
at com.atlassian.upm.license.storage.lib.ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManagerImpl$1.call(ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManagerImpl.java:55)
at com.atlassian.upm.license.storage.lib.ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManagerImpl.execute(ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManagerImpl.java:251)
... 11 more
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.amazonaws.jmx.spi.SdkMBeanRegistry).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.

Suggest an answer