Add More detailed columns to a Filter/View

Michael Berry April 21, 2020

I am looking at a default view/filter that shows typical Issue information, such as 
ID, Status, CreateDate, UpdatedDate, ResolvedDate, etc.  The Status always represents the current status of the Issue.

I need to see the individual timestamp dates for when the Status actually changes.

For example, an Issue uses the following Status Cycle:
Created > Reviewed > Approved > Resolved.  I need to see the Timestamps/dates for each of the Status workflow steps, and the User who updated the Status  I do not care about the 'LastUpdated' date.  

EDIT: After more research, I guess I am looking to export the Transitions/History information for all Issues in a project.

Can I get to this information in Jira with paying for 3rd party "apps"

1 answer

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2020

Hello @Michael Berry 

Welcome to the community.

You can use the API to find the informations you need.

This api return all the changelog for the issue

GET /rest/api/3/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/changelog

I'm not aware if there is an addon for this. You can take a look at the marketplace to find and test one

Hope this helps

Michael Berry April 22, 2020

Thank your for trying to help @Mohamed Benziane 
Based on your link I can ask a better question:

What I need is :

Get transitions

GET /rest/api/3/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/transitions

Specifically I need to return ALL transitions, for ALL Issues in a project with UserName and timestamps for the Transition Data.  I would need instructions to create this dataset in a Jira Filter in a non-paginated format, or possibly in a MS PowerQuery.

Simply, how would i get a flat Jira dataset that would show IssueID, TransitionName, DateofTransition?

Atlassian Marketplace solutions are not of any interest.

Suggest an answer