Add/Deleting remote issue links through restful api can cause the page to keep circling

kang November 24, 2022

Add/Deleting remote issue links through restful api can cause the page to keep circling删除链接页面一直加载.jpg

3 answers

0 votes
xiongpanfeng December 15, 2022

It has been solved. Because I used the issue listener, when the page was doing Update issue, I was also doing Delete issue in the listener, resulting in the conflict between the two actions and locking the table

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2022

The REST API has nothing to do with the UI.

Could you explain in more detail what you are doing, and what the problem actually is?

xiongpanfeng November 24, 2022

The custom IssueEventListener listener is created. The current work order is modified through the REST API in the listener, causing a transaction conflict and locking the Project.issue table

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2022

I'm sorry, I need more explanation.

A listener will pick up an event and (maybe) make a change to an issue.  A REST API call will ask a system to do something.  

Even if someone clicks edit at the same time that one or both of those are running, they'd need to be doing it within microseconds of the other actions for a conflict to happen, and even then, Jira would just sequence the changes as they arrive.

So, I am a bit stuck on what the problem is.

What do you get on screen when you have a "transaction conflict"?  What do you mean by "locking the project.issue table" (there isn't a project.issue table, and more importantly, are you actually looking at the database?  Why?)

0 votes
kang November 24, 2022

api.jpg

Suggest an answer