Add 'Cancelled' Status or Column that gets Resolution of Done and closes

Justin C_ April 29, 2021

I'm trying to do something simple.

I'm trying to add a new status or column to my sprint board of Cancelled. If a ticket is set to Cancelled and the sprint is closed, the Cancelled tickets gets set to Done and the Sprint closes.

I have added the new status of Cancelled to the project's workflow and have the column on the board, but I don't know the next step to set a Cancelled ticket to a Done resolution on sprint close. When I try to close my sprint, it says the Cancelled tickets aren't Done, and they are brought over to the next sprint.

Can someone help?

Thank you.

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hi Justin - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If it is a Sprint board then the Cancelled status needs to be in the last column of the board for it to be considered “Done”.

Justin Cibrone May 3, 2021

Thank you.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Heather Ronnebeck
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hi @Justin C_ 

It sounds like to me that your workflow for this board needs the cancelled status added to it with a post function assigned to set the resolution to cancelled. Then you should be able to map that status to your done column on your board. 

it is possible to have multiple statuses assigned to a column on a scrum or kanban board. 

Justin Cibrone May 3, 2021

Thank you. 

Heather Ronnebeck
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

You're very welcome.

Suggest an answer