Activating Greenhopper for Dev: impact on Customer Issues

Paul Davis August 7, 2011

I want to activate a trial for Agile Development in our Production Jira platform.

We have just a couple of Development Projects that will be activated for Greenhopper.

I understand that the Agile tab will be visible in the customer dashboards also.

Does that pose a problem?

What concerns should we have with this? Any?

I read this: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH056/Restricting+GreenHopper+to+Selected+Projects

But I'm not clear what the last sentence implies...

You can restrict the projects to which GreenHopper is available. If you restrict a project from using GreenHopper, this means that you will not be able to select your project from the Planning Board, Task Board, Chart Board or Released Board. Please note, the 'Agile' dropdown menu will still appear on projects that don't have GreenHopper access, but if you try to view any of the boards they will default to the last project that was viewed on that board.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2011

Jira generally tracks the users "current project", or "last project user was using" and uses that to determine what options are available. If you enable agile for projects AA and CC, but not BB, then a user will see the Agile menu all the time. If they go to project AA and then click on an Agile option, then they'll get the board for AA. If they then wander off to project BB and click the board, they'll get the board for AA again, because BB isn't "agile"

Suggest an answer