Accidentally moved completed sprint to backlog instead of new sprint

Vera Belcher April 24, 2021

Hi! I accidentally moved a completed sprint to backlog instead of the new sprint period I created. How do I restore the completed sprint issues from backlog so I can reopen it and then re-complete it and move the active issues to the new sprint?

Thanks so much for help!

1 answer

0 votes
Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2021

@Vera Belcher 

I would recommend to search for the issues in the completed sprint using this JQL :
Sprint = "Sprint Name" AND resolution = Unresolved

Then Bulk edit all the result and update the Sprint field to the new one 

try it and let me know please if it works for you 

Vera Belcher April 24, 2021

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the JQL search and it yielded no results. I know there were many unresolved epics & tasks in the sprint. Any other ideas? I remember making this same error a long time ago and found the solution to do something with undoing the command in the Reports section but unfortunately can't remember the exact steps. Also, I don't see the old sprint in the list of options there. It's strange!

Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2021

Then, you can open Sprint Report and select the sprint you completed , you will be able to see the Issues completed /Not Completed sections   

Click "View in Issue Navigator"under Issues Not Completed and you will be able to Bulk Edit all.   

Vera Belcher April 25, 2021

That's actually the problem. The sprint I completed isn't there. It's in the Backlog.

Vera Belcher April 25, 2021

I found a fix, here's what I did:
I reopened the latest sprint showing in the sprint report list (which was not the last one I closed), and then completed and moved it to the next sprint, and then completed that one and moved it to the current one. I'm not sure why the last one I had closed wasn't showing in the sprint report list but this tactic worked. Problem solved. Thanks for your help!!

Suggest an answer