Access to user only issues assigned to him

Vasso Kontaxi July 12, 2021

Hi ,

I have created a new user, the user "atroulakis@adcode.gr" and I want this user to have access only to the issues that are assigned to him. What do I need to do to give this access?

Best Regards,

Vasso 

2 answers

2 votes
Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2021

Hi @Vasso Kontaxi 

You need to create a issue security scheme and link it to your project

Set a default permission and add everyone that you want to allow permission to an issue. 

This will probably mean that you will have to add that specific user in a different role. 

You can find more info on issue security here

Make sure that existing issues have the new security level before granting the user access. 

Regards

Dave

Vasso Kontaxi July 12, 2021

Thanks for your answer @Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_  . 

I created a new security scheme and then I created a new security level and then I added the single user on this security level, but the user still sees all the issues.

jira1.PNG

How can I grant permissions at this security level?
That is, how can I define that all the issues that have this secuity level the specific owner will see the issues only if they have been assigned to him?

Best Regards,

Vasso 

Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2021

You also need to add other roles, groups and whatever you used in your permission scheme, otherwise the other users will not be able to see the issues anymore. 

This also means that the user you added to the security level needs to be provided access to the issues in a different way as with the current groups/roles you are using. 

You do not need to add the user specificly in the security scheme or he will see everything, but you need to add assignee field. 

For existing issues, you will need to bulk update the issues to this security level. 

Vasso Kontaxi July 13, 2021

@Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_  

I have the free subscription of Jira Software and it does not allow me to add securiy level to projects. "Issue-level security is not editable on the Free plan".

I will have to change the subscription to the free Jira Work Management and then make this addition from what I saw.

Is it known that I can change the subscription from "Jira Software " to "Jira Work Management" without losing the issues, users and projects that I have today in Jira?

0 votes
Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2021

We would not recommend assigning the Browse Projects permission to 'Current Assignee' as it would make the project visible to all users.

The following KBA works for me (eventhough it says Jira Server). It uses issue security;

Limit users to only browse issues assigned to/reported by them in Jira server 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events