Access rights to other people's tasks

Anatoly Tsemryuk April 7, 2021

I'm an admin, creating a task to one member of the team. I don't want the others could view this task. Is there the way to do it? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

Hi @Anatoly Tsemryuk ,

Welcome to the community. 

Yes, you can do that with issue security. 

You have to create an issue security scheme and add two levels there, one that allows all users in a project to view the issue and one, that allows only the assignee (and maybe you or the project lead) to view the issue.

Then assign the scheme to the project and set the right security level for the issue.

Here you can find a more detailed article https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

Anatoly Tsemryuk April 8, 2021

Hello.

Thanks for the answer. It's almost done.

But I can't find the tools to assign the security scheme to the project. It's written there:

1. Go to your project and click Project settings.
2. Select Issue Security from the project settings sidebar.
3. Choose Actions > Select a scheme.

I don't see Issue Security :(

One more help please

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

Hi,

it should be close to the end of the menu.

2021-04-08 11_19_39-Details - Jira.png

Or do you have a next-gen project? There the issue security schemes are not yet support, here you can watch und vote for the issue to get this to next gen projects: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18843 

Yes, Unfortunately I chose the next-gen project at the very start. I'm creating the new one now.

Thanks a lot for help!

One more question, please.

We must use security schemes in our project.  We'd like to use Jira in trial conditions, but there's no way to try it in old version (only next-gen projects available)

Can I get the trial period in old version as well as I did it using next-gen version? 

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2021

There are always both ways available in Jira., so you should be able to create a classic (or with the new name, company owned ) project.

If you are on the Create Project Screen, click on choose another template. Below the templates, there should be a button to switch from next-gen to classic projects.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events