About notification schemes

Barış Özer April 3, 2023

Hello,

I want to ask:

I was doing "watcher" automation to see all notifications and newly opened tickets in a project.

What if I add the group I want in the "notification schema" instead of "watcher" automation?

"watcher" automation delete and project>notification scheme>issue created>add group

Which makes sense?

Can you give an idea?image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Barış Özer April 3, 2023

Instead of making a watcher rule, I add people to the group and authorize the group.

Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2023

Hi @Barış Özer ,

your last solution is OK!

"Instead of making a watcher rule, I add people to the group and authorize the group."

In my opinion is more controlable and esasy to maintenance, to have a Group and define the users inside of this Group.

Think that Jira, assign users to Watchers automatically in a ticket, if they comment or do something with the ticket.

Hope it help you ;)

Like Barış Özer likes this
Barış Özer April 4, 2023

Hi @Juan Carlos Vera 

Thank you very much.

After creating the group on Jira, I will add the group to the "notification scheme".

It was really helpful! (:

Like Juan Carlos Vera likes this
Barış Özer April 4, 2023

Hi @Juan Carlos Vera 

What does "Generic Event" mean?

I authorized the "Generic Event" group for all updates, comments, status changes and similar notifications.

I wrote a test message but did not receive a notification. Where am I doing wrong?

image.pngimage.png

Barış Özer April 5, 2023

@Juan Carlos Vera Hi

Is there anyone who can answer my question? :D

Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2023

Hi @Barış Özer ,

sorry... but I´m not sure.. if I undestand your question :P

First of all, What is the Group? "Customer-succes-group-cloud" ?

As I can see in your Screen, this Group only receive notifications when issue is created.

If you want to receive notifications when issue is updated and comented, you have to Add this group in the "issue updated" and "issue comented" section that you can see in your screen.

Say me if is clear or not ;)

Barış Özer April 5, 2023

Hi @Juan Carlos Vera 

This group is a group I created.

Actually, the question is:

When the issue is opened and (all updates such as comments, status changes) I want mail notification.

"Generic Event" this doesn't work?

Or should I add the individual group for the notifications I want?

Barış Özer April 5, 2023

Hi @Juan Carlos Vera 

What does "Generic Event" do?

Doesn't that mean all updates in one ticket?

Barış Özer April 5, 2023

Hi @Juan Carlos Vera 

I think I understand now.

I will write this group in all the notifications I want. Is it true?

"Generic Event" confused me :D

Like Juan Carlos Vera likes this
Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2023

Sorry... think that i undestand better ;)

You have to Add the Group in all notifications that you want receive for the members of this group:

• Issue Created,
  • Issue Updated,
  • Issue Commented, etc...

"Generic Event" are called in Worflows transitions, then you can use this notifications for some actions, but not for all.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events