AUTOMATION FOR JIRA: cannot get the value of the field

dora.wang May 27, 2018

I have run an automation rule for a while, but it occurred error the recent day.

But before it, I didn't change the rule.

Where am I wrong?

Audit log error message
Action details:

Send email

As there is no issue present, cannot get the value of the field:reporterSuccessfully sent email for issues:

Comment on issue

Can't run component as it requires issue(s) in the context. More than likely you have a trigger that doesn't insert issues into the rule chain. e.g. Scheduled rule not running a JQL query. Creating an issue does not put an issue into the context, you have to branch on it to update it.

image.png

My JQL setting is

project in (ABSPA, ABSSALEA, ABSSPAP, ABSDEMO, ABSABSG, ABSEMEA, ABSPAPBD, PPACAB, PPAFEB, PPAILB, PPAINB, PPAPHIB, PPATHB, PPAVNB)  AND issuetype = "Evaluation Request"  and Status in ("Trial Period") and duedate = now()

image.png 

I receive an e-mail didn't write in my value set before,too.

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John McKiernan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 27, 2018

Hi Dora,

Thanks for posting. 

Can I ask that you pop through a message to the support team to let us know the version of Automation for Jira you are currently using.

We had a small bug recently which was fixed in a new release so I just want to check first to see if that might be the culprit. 

Thanks,

John 

dora.wang May 27, 2018

Hi John,

Automation for Jira - 3.12.6

John McKiernan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 28, 2018

Hey Dora,

Thanks for sharing that. I think it may well have been the bug that we fixed just around that time. Can you update your Automation for Jira to the latest version (3.12.13) and let me know if that fixes the problem? 

thanks!

John 

dora.wang May 29, 2018

Hi John,

It worked. Thanks.

Neetu Verma November 22, 2021

Hi, 
I am seeing the same issue but we have cloud version and we are on latest release. May you please help me to find solution/workaround for this. 

I need to send email to the "Assignee" of the ticket and I keep getting this error. 

As there is no issue present, cannot get the value of the field: Assignee

Like # people like this
Dima Rastaturin February 4, 2022

Having the same issue as @Neetu Verma . Anyone found a solution yet? 

Yazy Favela April 8, 2022

Any updates? I have the same issue with the cloud version. 

Like Idiyana Salim likes this
David Lord July 1, 2022

I appear to also be having the same issue on my cloud instance. 

Like Idiyana Salim likes this

Suggest an answer