APi call works in Postman but not in Scriptrunner console

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Whilst working out the syntax for calling the Assets API in cloud I have hit an anomaly that is blocking progress.

In Postman I can make this API call,

https://api.atlassian.com/jsm/assets/workspace/<workspaceid>/v1/object/278

using basic auth with my userid and my generated API token, I get the expected Asset object response.

If I make the same call in the cloud script-console (I am looking to eventually make these calls in workflow post-functions), I get a 401 Unauthorised error.

String authString2 = "<userid>:<mytoken>".bytes.encodeBase64().toString() //cloud APi token

// hardcoded test
def objects = get("https://api.atlassian.com/jsm/assets/workspace/<workspaceid>/object/278")
.header('Content-Type', 'application/json')
.header('Accept', 'application/json')
.header('Authorization','Basic ${authString2}')
.asObject(Map)
.body

logger.info("test " + objects)

This is whether I run the console as Current User or Scriptrunner Add-on user.

Does anyone know what the difference would be. Are there API permissions I need to set in the Cloud?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Hi @Tom Lister

Could you try to make a minor modification in your get request, i.e. change the Authorization header from

.header('Authorization','Basic ${authString2}')

to

.header('Authorization',"Basic ${authString2}")

and see if it makes any difference.

I'm suggesting this because using the Groovy variable invocation, i.e. ${} and single quotes is not the correct approach. It should be with double quotes.

I hope this helps to answer your question. :-)

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2023

Hi @Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_ 

The double quotes works.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS