We have another software application that we currently link in with our JIRA server account.
We wish to move over to JIRA Cloud, but our ability to do so is dependant upon the differences of Server and Cloud versions.
What differences are there between the two APIs? For example, does the Cloud API support the creation/configuration of Jira Custom Fields?
Thanks for that @Nic Brough [Adaptavist]. I have received a full list of what functionality our software requires, would you be so kind as to have a quick look through and see if anything jumps out as being incompatible via cloud?
Please see attached for a list of SDK classes we use.
Also, there are additional requirements below:
- Create and manipulate custom fields and custom field metadata; Originally a blocker for working with the Atlassian Connect API, this may now be partially supported (creation, within certain constraints, is now supported, but doesn't appear to support on-the-fly manipulation of the field setup or the creation of new field types) as of March 2017
- Provide new types of custom fields beyond the basic set of field-types built in to Jira
- Read and write custom field values
- Inspect the configuration settings for individual Jira projects
- Manage the custom field settings for individual Jira projects
- Store and retrieve arbitrary/custom data (independently of Jira issues and fields)
- Make HTTP requests to an external webservice
- Receive HTTP requests from an external webservice
- Receive a notification whenever an issue is modified, and take various actions both inside of and externally to Jira
- Manipulate issue state, including status, comments, and a custom tab panel and its content
- View project workflow information, inspect previous transition information for an issue, programmatically trigger workflow transitions for issues
- Provide custom or extended interfaces for managing custom field values within the Jira UI
- Provide an admin configuration panel within the Jira Admin UI for managing plugin settings
@Jack Graves [AC] first caught our eye with his incredible breakdown of what, in his opinion, can make or break a Jira software implementation. (Read his thoughts on this thread)! In this follow...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs