API-Rest Problem

Lucas Tabelini Magalhães
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2024

I have been big headache trying to ingest data that informs my team about:
- All the projects;
- All the epics;
- All the historys;
- All the tasks and subtasks and responsables;
- All the statuses;
- All the sprints;
- All the boards;
- Time spent in each task-subtask-epic;

I already found 3 documentations about it and I getting such a hard time to get just that informations. Someone can help me?

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2024

Hello @Lucas Tabelini Magalhães 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

It seems like you are basically trying to extract all the information Jira has via its API.

That is a monumental task.

Why are you trying to do that? What problem are you trying to solve?

Lucas Tabelini Magalhães
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2024

I want to create a dashboard with this information where I can analyze the tasks, subtasks, epics and stories of each board. See how much time was spent on each one.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2024

If you have a question about getting something specific through the API, like a list of issues, or a list of boards, we could address that. Otherwise in my opinion your scope is far too general to be addressed with any specific advice. 

Rather than attempting to pull all of that data yourself through the API you may want to invest in one or more third party apps to help you build the reports you want, or that provide prebuilt reports that satisfy your various reporting requirements.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira&query=reports

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events