API Query on isPrivate

Domnick Eger June 18, 2019

Is there a way to set projects and tasks to false instead of true for isPrivate ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2019

Hi @Domnick Eger ,

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve. Can you kindly provide more details and/or an example?

Cheers,
Dario

Domnick Eger June 20, 2019

I am trying to pull all tasks via projects via the API, but I need to know what makes isPrivate true. 

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2019

If I understand correctly you are referring to the isPrivate value returned when calling /rest/api/3/project or /rest/api/2/project JIRA REST API endpoint. 

In this case, isPrivate is returning true for any project in which the current user (the user account used to authenticate the REST API call) can’t browse issues.

If my understanding is not correct then please provide more details.

Cheers,
Dario

Dario B
Atlassian Team
June 21, 2019
Bill Bill January 26, 2022

For anyone's future reference, since apparently nobody at Atlassian can answer simple questions anymore, look at the filter used to create the board.  If that filter is set to private, then the board's "isPrivate" flag will be true.

Domnick Eger January 26, 2022

@Bill Bill I ended up just going with another product. But the question was fairly simple, how do i reset it so it can be set to false. 

Go to the Filters page.  Your board is based off a filter, and so choose Edit on the Filter that your problematic Board is based on.  Then change your permissions so that the filter can be accessed by the project / a group / the entire organization.   That's it.

Out of curiosity, which product did you end up going with?  I'm feeling very tempted to create a Jira competitor at this point.  Trained monkeys could give better APIs and customer service than this, not to mention vastly improved application performance and user experience.

Domnick Eger January 26, 2022

I am just using AutoTask now, it more geared for service providers.

Like Bill Bill likes this

Suggest an answer