ALM Structure - Formula to concatenate values of Child/linked issues

Nyssa Watkin January 23, 2023

I want a formula to display at Epic level all a rolled up view of all the "component/s" identified in child issues (e.g., Features/Stories) or linked issues (via a specific type of linking - "delivers". 

So that at Feature level - I can see a rolled up view of all component/s from linked Stories - and at Epic level - I can see a rolled up view of all the components from child Stories and Features). 

N.B. - Our Jira issue hierarchy is as follows (e.g., Child > Parent) = Story > Feature > Epic

1 answer

2 votes
Aleksandr Kliuchnikov _Tempo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 26, 2023

Hi Nyssa! Thank you for the question. In this case, to pull values from children to parent levels, you can use an aggregation function with modifiers. For example:

VALUES#children{component}

Here "VALUES" is a function that by default produces an array of all distinct values for the item and its sub-items. "#children" is a modifier that changes the function behavior so it only processes direct children of the current row. And "{component}" is a field value that is aggregated.

Antara Sharma March 4, 2024

How do I get VALUES#children{CustomField1, CustomField2, CustomField3}

Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2024

Hello @Antara Sharma 

You can try a formula like this: values#children{concat(field1,field2,field3)}
You can add separators between the values too if you want.

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance or have other questions about Structure, please reach out to us directly at our support portal.

Best regards,
Stepan
Tempo (the Structure app vendor)

Antara Sharma March 4, 2024

Thank you Stepan for the quick response, When I make changes to the formula

IF (JQL{type=Epic},VALUES#children{CONCAT(' ID = ',field1,' Status = ',field2 )})

The final output is 

ID = Status = , ID = <IssueKey> Status = On Hold

Suggest an answer