A fatal error occured during bootstrapping

Kalvin Pereira Cabral April 21, 2023

Hello !

I am currently learning how to install Jira and I encounter a few problems.

My application is Jira Software 9.4.6 and is hosted on a Linux server (Ubuntu 20.04.6).

I cannot acess the wizard to set up my application.

My server.xml seems fine, and I actually do not understand why I cannot continue the installation any further.
When I check my catalina.out or atlassian-jira.log, the only error I can see is this :

JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.jira.startup.BootstrapContainerLauncher] A fatal error occurred during bootstrapping. JIRA has been locked.
com.atlassian.jira.InfrastructureException: Error occurred while starting Plugin Manager. Unable to resolve component: interface com.atlassian.plugin.SplitStartupPluginSystemLifecycle

Though, Jira is starting.
Even testing with cURL/telnet I end having a connection timeout.

If you have any idea, I would be very glad to read it !
Thank you all !

1 answer

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2023

Hi @Kalvin Pereira Cabral ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

Usually this probelm is caused by a third part app. Take a look to the following troubleshooting article https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-fails-to-start-with-error-occurred-while-starting-plugin-manager-1130371798.html

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Kalvin Pereira Cabral April 24, 2023

Thank you @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

I found what caused the problem, it was a permission issue.
I forgot to change the owner and to set the right permissions.

Now everything seems to work well.

Thank you again for your time !

Kalvin

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Thanks for sharing @Kalvin Pereira Cabral 

Like Kalvin Pereira Cabral likes this

Suggest an answer