500 internal server error

Stefano March 15, 2021

We are receiving a "500 - Internal server error" trying to access our project. The status appears to be "Operational", so beginning to think this is limited to our account. 

I have been unable to raise a ticket, so was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same?

• Error type: 500 - Internal server error
  • Log reference: cda043cb-06ef-46a1-8f94-a30243322e4b

Any help much appreciated.

We're using Jira Software on Cloud.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2021

Update:

The issue was caused by a custom field with an empty name (blank space):

- Renaming Custom field as just a "blank space" character causes Project board not to load (500 error) 

Hello @Stefano,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I saw that you had two accounts on the site, one account is inactive now. 

Were you facing this issue with both or only one account?

If you are still facing this issue, is it happening when you log in or when you click on a project, ticket, or when you access the menu of an add-on?

Kind regards,
Angélica

Stefano March 15, 2021

Hello,

there is only one account linked to my email address. I got 4 projects, none of them works. There's nothing that works, projects, tickets, filters. Everything I do I do get "500 internal server error".

Like Durgesh Masurkar likes this
Stefano March 15, 2021

I also tried to backup my data and import it to a different jira cloud account - I get same error and I am not able to see any tickets.

I am starting to get worried as I tought my data was safe on jira cloud!! 😰

Iy's an important project I cannot lose-please help

Like Durgesh Masurkar likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2021

After you log in, are you able to view the “Your work” page?

Can you click on Cog icon > Projects and create a new project to test?

Can you test opening in incognito mode or using another browser without any extensions?

Also, open the developer tools on your browser and check on the console if it shows any other error.

Stefano March 15, 2021

Thanks Angelica for your support, but its not from my side that you should investigate, the issue is server side. I've been using Jira for more that a year without any problems, always from same Mac, same browser. It stopped working suddenly approximately 24 hours ago. 

I've already tried to logoff, login to a different browser, does not help.

I am able to view "my work page" with tickets and epics there. But search does not work, any filter does not work, if I try to filter by any custom field, it shows 500 internal error.

Stefano March 15, 2021

I tried to create a new project, but I am getting an error saying "Project not created."

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
March 15, 2021

Thank you for the details, Stefano.

I found some errors related to a custom field and Epics, which may explain the issue when filtering tickets.

You mentioned that it started happening in the last 24 hours, do you remember what changed? Did you deleted or modified a custom field or removed some add-on? 

I saw that you upgraded your plan to standard and as a site administrator, you can create a ticket with our internal support now. That would be my next step, because with a ticket, if you allow, we can access your site and confirm what is causing the issue. 

I can create the ticket on your behalf, but if you want to create the ticket, please, let me know and after you create it, I can add an internal comment with the logs I found.

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Stefano March 15, 2021

support ticket number JST-644066

Stefano March 15, 2021

Yes I did created some custom fields. I also added Confluence to my account.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
March 15, 2021

Thank you for sharing. I added an internal comment with the details I found.

Like Stefano likes this
2 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2021

hi @Stefano and welcome to the community,

Like you said the statuspage doesn't show any issue at the moment so might just be your environment?

I'll see if we can escalate this to Atlassian to see what's going on.

Is this only on one project or your whole environment?

Stefano March 15, 2021

Thanks much appreciated! It's the whole environment.

0 votes
pedro_bittencourt_ext April 3, 2023

Dear community, 

We are receiving a "500 - Internal server error" trying to turn a 'subitem' to an 'item'.

I have been unable to raise a ticket, so I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same?

• Error type: 500 - Internal server error
  • Log reference: 1d2d0e96-35f4-4cc6-bda4-7fba6c239395

We're using Jira Software on Cloud.

Any help much appreciated.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS