500 error while moving issue

Kirill October 19, 2020

I'm getting Error 500 when I try to move issue from one project to another.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2020

Hi @Kirill ,

There could be different reasons for this error. Did you try to reproduce the error and check the server logs in parallel. You can narrow down the issue with the logs

Here is a KB that is related to 500 error responses and one of the causes described here may be the root cause for your issue as well. But pls check the logs first

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/500-errors-displayed-while-navigating-in-jira-server-373883698.html

Kirill October 20, 2020

Tried this way, it doesn't work

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2020

Which Jira version are you using exactly? There has been a bug a while ago which described this behaviour in case the permissions are not sufficient for the executing user after the move took place.
As this only affected older versions this might or might not apply - I'll be happy to look for the specific bug but the info about your current version would be helpful.

jirajirajira7 October 27, 2020

Kirill October 27, 2020

We use 8.4.1

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2020

OK, no in that case it is not related to an old bug - it was applicable to a later Jira version 7 only.

In your case I'd recommend checking log files for further signs of errors -  this message must be caused by something specific.

If you have the chance to test out of office hours, then putting Jira to safe mode where all Apps are disabled, is a handy way to determine if this error is cause by an App (which could be a realistic the case!).

https://confluence.atlassian.com/upm/disabling-and-enabling-apps-273875716.html

Like Kirill likes this
Kirill December 4, 2020

Thank you, it helps!

Suggest an answer