401 error while authentication X Pabbly

Pabbly Connect March 22, 2023

Hey team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am Nivesh from Pabbly Connect integration team. Pabbly Connect is an automation software for making integration automation between 2 or more apps. We already have integration with over 1000+ applications including Jira Software: https://www.pabbly.com/connect/integrations/jira-software/

I am writing to bring your attention to an issue that our users are experiencing unexpected error. The user is receiving a 401 error while trying to access our platform.
We have implemented tests on our side to diagnose the issue. Initially, the tests were unsuccessful, but we were able to resolve the issue. However, the user is still experiencing the same error despite our efforts. I have attached a screenshot of the error message for your reference. If needed, I can also provide a curl request for further context.
We would appreciate any assistance you can provide in resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best Regards,
Nivesh Jain
Pabbly.com

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

This does not have anything to do with Atlassian.

A 401 error from your service is a problem with the users credentials or with authentication on your platform.

alrasyidlettering March 23, 2023

actually we didnt change anything... the system was just working fine for months.  we dont have any idea why the error is there suddenly

PabblyConnect March 24, 2023

Hey @alrasyidlettering
Do check and let us know about the error our mutual users are facing issues. I am inserting a Screenshots for the same. Provide me with your support email so I can also provide a curl request for further context.image (1).png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2023

This error happens when you don't provide the right login credentials for the call to the Atlassian Cloud site, or the user you are using has had their access revoked by an admin.

You'll need to check that you are using the right login and ask your admins if it is still a valid user.

Like Pabbly Connect likes this
alrasyidlettering March 27, 2023

Thank you Nic, for your concern and atention to my problem, i really apreciate it as i m using jira a lot.

i had contacted pabbly too, and they needed sometimes to check. today i have a reply from pabbly. I also update the jira the connection. i have tested some jira components, and they look working fine. i dont what was the cause but i hope all is well now. i need more time to make it sure. 

Pabbly Connect March 28, 2023

Hey @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my gratitude for providing me with the details about Error 401. Your information was very helpful, but here the case is different. 

However, after testing the request multiple times, we have found that the issue is not exactly the same as Error 401. Although we have experienced the same error at times, it is not consistent, and it appears to be intermittent.

We have thoroughly investigated the issue, and we have found that it is not related to authentication or authorization issues, which are commonly associated with Error 401. 

I am attaching link for better understanding have a look:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SWfga9BPeYqiosLkvbbu8AmamLKQuyPd/view?usp=drivesdk  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2023

I can't see anything in there that is not a 401 authentication problem.  (It's not "commonly associated with", 401 is defined as an authentication problem, and should never be the return code for any other problem.  Although authentication problems could be wide and varied)

Could you explain more about why you think it is sometimes not an auth error?

Pabbly Connect March 29, 2023

Hey,
Just wanted to know did you watched the video that we have attached over the previous conversation from our end.
After firing a request multiple times in the postman randomly we are getting the error 401- This could mean that the authentication credentials you provided may be incorrect or missing as you said. But we have experienced the same error at times, it is not consistent, and it appears to be intermittent. If you watch the video carefully you will get to know. According to my understanding, there could be an issue with the server's authentication process. you may want to check the server logs for any further information on the error. It may also be worth investigating if there are any limits or restrictions on the server that could be causing this issue. So many of our mutual users are getting this issue during the automation. I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2023

Yes, I watched it, there's nothing in there that isn't a 401 authentication problem.

Could you explain more about why you think it is not an auth error?

Pabbly Connect March 29, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Hey Team,

We are encountering an issue with the Jira project list API request in Postman, which involves OAuth 2.0 authentication.

Upon configuring the API request, we have been receiving an error message "401 Client must be authenticated to access this resource" as shown in the attachment. However, we have found that we are able to successfully obtain a response when passing the cookie without passing authentication in the API request.

Further investigation in Postman has revealed that cookies were included in the request. Despite this, we were able to receive a 200 status response for the project list API.

We are wondering if there have been any changes to the API or authentication method since it was previously working correctly. As our mutual users are also experiencing this issue, we would greatly appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.

Thank you for your assistance, and we look forward to hearing from you soonimage (22).pngimage (23).png

Pabbly Connect March 30, 2023

Hey Team, 

We are following up on our recent conversation regarding the authentication issue we have been experiencing on your platform.
We would appreciate it if you could provide us with an update on the status of this issue and any steps that have been taken to resolve it. Additionally, if there is any further information or action required on our part, please let us know.

We value your prompt attention to this matter and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

This looks like you are not authenticating properly, I am not sure Atlassian can help you if you get auth wrong.

alrasyidlettering April 3, 2023

the error is not consistent. If the error is the auth, it will never get work since I didnt change anything. but sometimes it works properly, sometimes it doesnt.  And today it is error again.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2023

I'm afraid there's nothing I can tell you about your code that is failing to authenticate, you'll need to debug it.

There is one other possibility that may cause this - if your code is hammering the REST API with a lot of calls, it may be failing to authenticate because it's overloading your system.

alrasyidlettering April 7, 2023

Thanks Nic. Pabbly has updated their jira component, the old one has been deprecated. But i still can not create jira issue using the new component. I m still waiting for them.   

alrasyidlettering April 7, 2023

just FYI, Pabbly has fixed the new jira component, and now all is working fine. Thank you guys for all your support

0 votes
alrasyidlettering March 22, 2023

yessss.... i m user of both jira and pubbly... per today, we can not run that automation from pabbly. thanks to pabbly that care about this issues. we need it to be solved soon as possible, this really affects our system and bussiness

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events