2 Custom Filters at the same time

David Martinez Moreno April 18, 2023

I have several Custom Filters selecting a key word from the summary:

summary ~ "noodles" ORDER BY duedate ASC

summary ~ "pasta" ORDER BY duedate ASC

The filters work great if I select one, but if I want to filter all issues with the summary contaning "noodles" AND all issues with the summary contaning "pasta" no issue appear since no issue has in the summary "pasta noodles".

Is there a way to include all issues contaning only "pasta" and all isues contaning only "noodles" when selecting multiple custom filters?

Thanks!

D

2 answers

0 votes

to make it clearer:
The "Labels" work in a way that if you click on a lable, all issues with that lable are shown and issues without that lable are not. If you click on another Label, you see issues with either, both or one of the labels.
With Custom filters that is not the case. If you select two custom filters at the same time, only issues which meet both cinditions will show, but not issues which meet only one of the custom fields.

What I need is for Custom Fields to behave like Labels.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2023

Hi @David Martinez Moreno ,

you should try the following filter :

summary ~ noodles or summary ~ pasta order by duedate ASC

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Thanks, I thought of that, though that would make a single custom filter.

What I need is a custom filter that selects only for pasta.

Another custom filter that selects only for noodles.

But if both custom filters are checked, then all issues with noodles and pasta are shown. 

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2023

Are you talking about quick filters in a board? Please specify

I am talking about "Custom Filters"
a.png

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2023

You are talking about "if both custom filters are checked". My question is where? 

b.png

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2023

@David Martinez Moreno , please attach a full screenshot. I can't figure out in what screen you are.

I'm in a project. The default projects "Board" screen.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events