why 2 select lists creating when using "convertToSingleSelect"

shankar_kalagadandu December 7, 2020

I am trying to make search box using below code for a single select field, but when search a text in the field and add the field value then a 2nd select list is creating dynamically.

8 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

No, I don't know that it can be done.

0 votes
shankar_kalagadandu December 9, 2020

Hi Nic, Any suggestion?  

0 votes
shankar_kalagadandu December 8, 2020

Hi Nic, Thank you so much for the response. Can you please suggest or give me a canned script in script runner to make "singleselect" field to be searchable? This will be very useful to our customer. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2020

That's because the function is trying to convert from a select list to a select list.  It's unable to get rid of the original select list because it's the wrong type.

This function is for converting text fields to select lists, not adding a search to existing ones.

0 votes

This is a Jira 8.5 datacenter version, we are using script runner Behaviors. 

0 votes

This is the screen

search1.gif

0 votes

Hi @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_: Actually below is the scenario.

We have a singleselect field, customer wanted to make it searchable based on the text entered.

1. We have used below code in "Behaviors" Initializer to make the single select field searchable

"getFieldById("customfield_XXXX").convertToSingleSelect()"

2. Now we are able to search a value in the field.

Problem: when search a field value and hit enter then other dropdown field is creating dynamically on the create screen.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2020

I am sorry, but we are stuck here.

• Your question is unclear as to what you are trying to achieve when it just says "search box" - we do not know if this is a field on an issue you want to do a search from, or a third way to kick off searches in Jira or something else.
  • It is also unclear what you mean you are doing when you say "when search a text in the field and add the field value"
  • You have not given us any code
  • You have not told us what app you are using for doing this

Could you explain this more please?

Suggest an answer