Possible to create API with Server Version?

Pakpoom Numkamnurde March 16, 2018

Question
1. it possible to create APIs Server with server version?

2. possible to generate view / report to show in another program?

3. possible to link/cluster/use jira DB with my office app?
/// my office have an ERP app , I need to implement it with JIRA core

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2018

Jira already has a REST API, so if that meets your needs, you don't need to write anything new.  If it does not do everything you need, then yes, you can write an add-on that provides a REST endpoint that can do anything you want.

Jira's reports and gadgets mostly run inside Jira, and don't view in other programs unless that program supports using them.  Confluence does this for a lot of Jira stuff, and in theory, it could be used by other applications, but I've not seen many that do it.  You can draw the data out over REST of course

I would not even think of looking at the Jira database.  It is not designed as anything other than a data-store and hence it's a bloody nightmare to read (and you absolutely can not write anything to it).  As a rough example, I recently looked at an issue with a handful of custom fields and some comments and history.  In the UI it did not look too complex.  Fetching it over REST got me all the details in one call.  To "see" everything in SQL would have taken 80-90 joins, many of them two or three layers deep.  Don't bother.  Use REST.

0 votes
Pakpoom Numkamnurde March 16, 2018

and i reading about Server version have no broad it possible to create it with our web server via APIs? for local use.

Suggest an answer