Migrate data from JEP field to custom filed with all historical data (Eg: Date, User Picker)

Prashanth April 2, 2019

Hi guys,

Please help me out on how to migrate data from JEP field to custom filed with all historical data (Eg: Date, User Picker). So that regression test should the successful after the changes.

We have 3 million+ issues with this fields.

3 answers

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2019

So, you should define those user/date fields, then write script to copy/store JEP field values to those customfields.

0 votes
Prashanth April 2, 2019

Hi Tuncay,

Yes, I'm expecting the same

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2019

Hello @Prashanth 

I think we're talking about Enhancer Plugin, aren't we?

If correct, JEP fields are also custom fields. Why do you want to migrate them to other custom fields?

I think you want to copy JEP field value to another custom field (e.g. date field) and after migration and reindexing you want to compare the new JEP field value and the date field, so that you'll say that migration is OK.

Is that right?

Suggest an answer