Microsoft Flow to Jira Integration - Connection Fine But No Data

David Liddle April 4, 2020

I have a use case whereby I need to create a Jira Epic within a specific project off the back of a response to a Microsoft Form. I am doing this within my own environments first before applying to a wider client use case which is based on the same integration.

I am using Jira Cloud and Microsoft Flow. I have provided the correct connection string and set up the API Token. The flow executes and when I check the Jira API token it also suggests connection has worked.

The issue I am having is there is no data being pulled into Flow from my JIRA instance so I cannot see any projects or subsequent details.

Is there anything I am missing on either the JIRA side or the Flow side of things? I'm not getting any error messages at all which is not helpful as no matter what I try I cannot resolve the issue to pull data through correctly.

It is probably something simple but the lack of any errors is not helping.

4 answers

0 votes
David Liddle April 7, 2020

Please ignore this. Microsoft Flow has now started behaving as I expected too. It's all been very strange.

0 votes
David Liddle April 7, 2020

Having dome some further investigation this looks like it is an issue with how Microsoft Flow is making the API calls.

I've set up a similar model using AWS and a Splunk app and it is able to create tickets and comments using the API token I've given the Splunk app.

I'll reach out to the Microsoft Forums to see if they can provide any additional insights as it all seems a bit strange.

0 votes
David Liddle April 6, 2020

So this may just be me but I thought (probably naively) building of the flow (in Microsoft Flow) would be dynamic.

In my head the logical steps for creating an Issue within a project would be to provide:-

1. The Project itself
  2. The Issue Type to create
  3. Issue Title / Description

Based on the above I have tried to replicate getting the Projects List through using what I think Flow will send and I get a 404 error. I did however notice the getProjects api endpoint has been deprecated.

In case that was the problem I sent the command to get a particular project using the getProject api endpoint specifying the project key in the command and got the same error. 

I can see the API token I have created is being used but am at a loss to understand why I'm not getting a response.

Microsoft Flow does not help either as it provides minimal detail. 

Any other pointers you can provide for me to resolve this would be appreciated as if I can't solve basic connectivity issues there is not much hope for the wider enterprise use case I am hoping to implement.

Thanks.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2020

What message do you get when you post the message you think Flow is sending to Jira by hand (with a curl or wget)?

Suggest an answer