How to implement a workflow transition that is dependent on Field Value?

Saqib Khan May 19, 2021

Hi Everyone,

I want my team to transition workflow only once they have updated a specific field otherwise they shouldn't be able to see workflow status drop down.

Example: I have a created a task and I want my team to select Yes or No from Database Table Changed field. If either of the dropdown option is selected they should be able to transition the workflow status otherwise they should receive an error to provide input or workflow status shouldn't be visible until they select choice from the field.

Please share your thoughts or if someone already implemented.

Thanks,

Saqib

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2021

Hi @Saqib Khan 

In this case, either add a screen to the transition with the field in question added to it.

To the same transition you can then add a validator where you check if the value of the field has changed(you may need an add-on to provide this functionality).

Add an error message letting users know the field value must change to the validator.

This ensures that whenever a user attempts to transition an issue, they are prompted to change the value of this field. Failure too prevents further transition.

Another alternative would be adding a condition which checks the value of the field first before the transition button is available to the user.

Suggest an answer