Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cross project execution

I have a program which has 1 engineering director and PMs and other cross functional leaders. There is no dedicated Scrum Team. To execute such a program, my PM has created Project, Board and initiatives - Epics and US in Jira.

These US are then assigned to cross product and platform teams as those teams have to deliver . This is horizontal program which spans across all the verticals and horizontals.

As a result my program's engineering director clones these US and adds it to the Cross teams backlog. and andProgram Epics.

What is the best way to track Cross project programs in Jira ?

1 comment

John Funk Community Leader May 22, 2019

Hi Susmita - Welcome to the Community!

If I understand it correctly, I would have the engineering director Move the US to the appropriate project instead of cloning the issue, which would create multiple copies of the same US. 

I hope that helps!

Thanks. Does it also apply to Tasks? I dont see any Move option for Tasks.

John Funk Community Leader May 23, 2019

Yes, it can apply to any issue. Are you using the old JIRA issue view or the new one?

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

124 views 1 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you