Cannot Create Issue via rest api after tokenAPI adoption

Alex Z.
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 23, 2019

I have integrated ServiceNow with JIRA.

I have defined an integration dedicated JIRA user (SN_SI_USER) that call JIRA via rest API.

After the adoption of TokenApi when create an issue with SN_SI_USER via rest API  I am reciving this error:

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"summary":"Field 'summary' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, o
r unknown.","customfield_10600":"Field 'customfield_10600' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen,
or unknown.","customfield_10900":"Field 'customfield_10900' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate scree
n, or unknown.","description":"Field 'description' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unkn
own.","assignee":"Field 'assignee' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.","customfie
ld_11100":"Field 'customfield_11100' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.","priorit
y":"Field 'priority' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}

To bypass all software layer i do the test with curl.

If I use an admin user account with the same Token and the same request I have no error, issue is created.

If I grant admin permissions/role to SN_SI_USER i have an error (400 Bad Request).

Any idea?

POST request:

{

"fields": {

"project":

{

"key": "PROJECT00"

},

"assignee": {

"name": "USER2"

},

"summary": "REST EXAMPLE - DO NOT CARE - IT WILL BE DELETED BEFORE U CAN READ IT",

"description": "Creating an issue via REST API",

"issuetype": {

"name": "Bug"

},

"priority": {

"id": "1"

},

"customfield_11100": "Service_me_id",

"customfield_10600": {

"id" : "10301"

},

"customfield_10900": "USER1"

}

}

Solved:

Log in to Jira with the same user (SN_SI_USER) with which you want to execute the REST API request, then generate the TOKEN key and use this key with that user (SN_SI_USER) to execute the REQUEST API.

Jira software must generate a TOKEN key per user, not per application, so a key generated by userA does not work with userB.

0 answers

Suggest an answer