Can i use JIRA to automate and manage an IT demand management process?

Rama July 5, 2021

We would like to implement a IT demand management process flow within JIRA for multiple projects, will it be possible by customizing the workflow? any ideas or suggestions?

4 answers

0 votes
Brett Coulter September 20, 2021

We would like to track project demand from ideation to approval.  Each project request will have a series of tasks to be completed as it moves through our process.  I am looking for suggestions on how to best set it up, manage each request through kanban board as well as manage and groom the back log of requests

0 votes
Brett Coulter September 20, 2021

Care to share your experience? I have a similar need

0 votes
Rama July 21, 2021

Thank you, we have worked it out.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Hello @Rama 

Welcome to the community.

What is an "IT demand management process flow"?

Workflow customization supports customizing work item statuses and the flows between them. You can also define pre-conditions that determine if the status change is available, validators that validate information as part of processing the transition, and post-functions that are executed after the transition is completed. Additional customizations are possible with third party applications.

Without knowing the specific process you are trying to implement it is very difficult to offer you any specific advice on how to achieve your goal.

Suggest an answer