Best way to configure email notifications for issue transition?

Colleen May 26, 2022

Basically, I need to have email notifications sent to members of an email whenever an issue transitions from "Investigating" to "Confirmed" . I tried to use a project automation, but the email doesn't go through.

I was wondering if I could create a group and add the necessary people, then set up a workflow post-function that would send out the email to the group after the transition, but I'm not sure if this is possible...? 

Also, I know there are notification schemes and I could copy from the default but I'm not sure how I would go about configuring this type of event, or if it's possible to do it this way. 

Andy advice or resources are welcome. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2022

Hi Colleen,

Not sure if you found a solution for this yet or not, but you have a couple of options here. It can either be done using automation, using a filter and filter subscription, or a post function that sets the event and then use the notification scheme to send a notification to the users.

Suggest an answer