The new Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app is launching soon!

73 comments

Neetu Verma October 27, 2021

When do we get this live, wait is nearly killing me.. I am super excited to have this integrated with Teams and can't wait to use it

Like Ryan Hall likes this
Roberto Miasack October 28, 2021

@Tygrr DosRemedios are notifications already working?

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2021

@Sebastian Harrington The app doesn't have a kanban view but this is great feedback, thanks! 

Like Antonio Valle _G2_ likes this
Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2021

@Neetu Verma We're launching this on Monday, Nov 1st!

@Roberto Miasack Yes! We have personal notifications you can set up within the app to get updates on your Jira issues right within Teams. 

Like Patrick Lachance likes this
Tony.Lucas October 31, 2021

Since moving to Jira Cloud, anytime my users add a Jira ticket link in a Teams chat, they get a pop up for Jira Cloud. Is there a way to disable this?

Jira.PNG

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
November 1, 2021
Peter van Amstel November 2, 2021

If I want to setup notifications, the panel stays empty. :-(2021-11-02_09-11-20.jpg

Like Carles Mata likes this
Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
November 2, 2021

@Peter van Amstel Sorry to hear you're running into issues. Can you please try to log in via the web browser and see if that fixes your issue? I know there have been some bugs in Microsoft Teams with the desktop client. 

Peter van Amstel November 2, 2021

@Tygrr DosRemedios Thanks that did the trick. However the app requests a bit more data, so now my company admin needs to approve the use for it. Let's hope for the best. 

msedge_2021-11-02_16-21-08.jpg

Like Tygrr DosRemedios likes this
Timo Taimi November 2, 2021

Had the same problem as Peter with notification settings from within desktop app, from web app worked just fine, but still not getting any notifications, even though settings are:
screenshot.png

am I missing something?

Thanks 

.timppa

Nicole Downes November 2, 2021

Upgraded to new version, but now cannot configure.  Configure Jira Connection screen stays blank and I cannot select our site.  Are there any changes to permissions/connections that we need to be aware of?

Like # people like this
Support User November 2, 2021

@Nicole Downes 

I had the same problem. I had to open Teams in the cloud (log in via a browser) and configure there. Once it was configured in the browser it was working OK in the desktop app.

Like # people like this
Nicole Downes November 2, 2021

Did this upgrade remove all the bot commands such as assign, log, edit, create, find etc. ?  They are no longer working.  Is there more setup required?

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
November 3, 2021

@Nicole Downes We did remove those bot commands as we found low usage on those functions. You are still able to search for your issues and edit them via the message extension or in a tab within a Chat or Team Channel.

Vertic IT November 22, 2021

Certainly looking to implement this in our organization. @Tygrr DosRemedios when do you expect that it will go live?

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
November 22, 2021

@Vertic IT It's live now! Some users have run into issues with configuring and setting up personal notifications within the desktop client so please log in and set this up in an app browser initially and then you should be set on both clients. Here's the link to get started.

Feel free to share any thoughts or feedback with us as well, thanks!

zzalowitz November 24, 2021

This functionality was kinda a dud.....

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
November 24, 2021

@zzalowitz I'm sorry to hear that. Can you share more specific feedback you were looking for? We'd love to hear from you.

Nicole Downes November 24, 2021

@Tygrr DosRemedios  If in a Teams meeting with non-licenced Jira users, can they see the Jira data?

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
November 29, 2021

@Nicole Downes If you are logged into your Atlassian Jira account and share an issue within a meeting, all participants will be able to see that issue but they will not be able to edit or comment until they have signed into their Atlassian Jira account.

I would also recommend taking a look at your participants' permissions in your meeting settings

RamR December 8, 2021

I am testing out this app for our instance.

Mubashir Cheema December 14, 2021

Like others I had trouble configuring the desktop Teams client for the new Jira Cloud.  I would get the blank window pop up that stayed blank.  I would have gone mad trying to find the cause of it.  Google search saved me and brought me here.  Running teams in a web browser and configuring Jira for teams there worked, as suggested.

Until the issue is fixed, I highly recommend that Jira developers put a note about that next to the "Configure" button.  "If the configure button does not work for you, please try logging into Teams in a web browsers and configure Jira there."

Mikhail Issufo January 5, 2022

This seems to be a great idea to automate issues documentation in Jira and also their follow-up. I beleive it will be a good tool for Incident Management as well.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events