Quickly determine what to work on next with the Issues for attention insight

When you're in the middle of a sprint and you finish a task it can be hard to know exactly what to do next. Has there been unplanned work? Do we have any bottlenecks stopping progress?

Gain context into how you work with Insights

You have already been able to access insights in the backlog, board, and deployments tabs. They provide information in the right context when you need it. On the sprint board, you could see Sprint progress, Sprint burndown, Epic progress breakdown, and Issues for attention.

All tab_2x size.png

Exciting improvements to the Issues for attention insight

We've enhanced the Issues for attention insight to help you get started on the right action faster. This includes an updated card layout to get a quick overview of what’s going on with each issue. We also added stuck issues to the existing types of issues that need attention: blocked and flagged issues. You can see all three categories of issues together under the new All tab.

Stuck issues

Sometimes work slips through the cracks. Maybe there were other priorities when planning the sprint, or some unplanned work got added along the way. Oftentimes an issue will get caught in review, with the reviewer unaware that they are creating a bottleneck. The new Stuck Issues tab surfaces issues that have been in a state for longer than most issues. This helps you quickly identify how to get work moving again. 

Stuck tab_2x size.png

Blocked issues

Software development carries a lot of dependencies. You need designs approved before front-end development can be completed. But you don’t need to go through your entire roadmap to find what’s blocked. The Issues for attention insight highlights work currently blocked by another issue. This gives you the opportunity to collaborate with your team by dropping a comment on the issue to find a solution to getting work unblocked together. 

Blocked.png

Flagged issues

You just identified a risk to complete an issue. Raise these concerns to the team by flagging it. This highlights the issue on board and adds it to the flagged issue list to indicate that there’s a problem that needs to be quickly addressed. Go to the Flagged tab in the Issues for attention hub to see all your flagged issues.

Flagged.png

We hope the improvements to the Issues for attention insight help you effectively prioritize your next task. Leave us a comment to let us know what you think and how you use Issues for attention, feedback is what fuels us! 

7 comments

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2023

The insights tab is getting more and more powerful! Loving it - what can we be looking forward to next? 👀

Like # people like this
Arnold Hora June 12, 2023

👍

Like # people like this
Arnold Hora June 12, 2023

Abc

Like # people like this
Dan_Tombs June 12, 2023

These Insights are really starting to become incredibly useful. I have to admit, before I saw them a little gimmicky, but with the fact you can now do the highlight for areas of focus, bring in useful charts for agile teams means less context switching to dashboards and quicker ceremonies etc. Really liking what is going on in this space.

Like # people like this
BEATRIZ FIGUEIREDO June 22, 2023

Hello All, I have a question - how does JIRA calculate this "stuck for" days? Based on what? I could not figure this out.  @Natalija Fuksmane would you by chance know about this? 

Like Dan Breyen likes this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2023

A gif says it better than me:

giphy

Like Natalija Fuksmane likes this
Noah.Hartl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 29, 2024

Does the 'Stuck' issue count time in the backlog as well?  It seems to me that it does, the issue with that is when pulling an work item into an active sprint you have inflated numbers of 'Stuck' items if true.  Is there documentation or a place that clarifies how 'Stuck' is calculated to Beatriz's point?

It would be nice to know what the threshold is to say it is stuck.

TIA

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events